Monday, September 29, 2014

Don't judge

I can't count how many times I've heard these words since the start of the school year .  Every step I take every breath I breath is punctuated by these three words: I.  Don't.  Judge.  At first, it was nice.  The words made me feel safe, like I could be whoever I needed to be and no one would try to stop me.  But, alas, that petty delusion faded fast, the only time anyone really says those words is when they are preparing to rain down a typhoon of judgement so hard, that Jesus Christ himself can't help but stop to listen.  If there's one thing high schoolers are great at, it's judging one anouther.  Here's about how it goes: 
Me: hi! 
Stranger: I don't judge...
Me: that's good to know, so how's your day been?
Stranger: but her hair is so ratchet. 
Me: nice weather were having. 
Stranger: oh my gowd beckay look at her butt!  
Me:  the school is literally on fire, we need to go
Stranger: I can't belive the audacity of that kid over there, how dare she wear those socks with that skirt! 
Yeah... You get the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment